5 Ways To Feel Chic | Priceline Haul



Well I've been jumping head first into Autumn. Too excited for the sweltering heat to be gone and to be able to cosy all up with a blanket, slippers and a heat pack. Homebody aside, I loooove A/W makeup, more so than summer I think. It's a little more refined, a little darker and of course, a little more chic.

I popped into Priceline last week to pick up a bundle of things I needed for the new season, and I thought I'd share a few of them in a video for you :) When I think of the word "chic" in regards to beauty I think beautiful skin, classic nails, flirty eyes, sleek hair and a stunning dark lip.

SKIN

Having a browse at the Priceline catalog (as I do) I noticed Sukin skincare had a new Oil Balancing range in a charcoal-style packaging which caught my eye. I have used their sensitive range in the past and absolutely loved it. I don't know what has happened to my skin since summer but the oil appeared and I've been struggling with it daily. Even if you have oily skin, you can't stop moisturising otherwise your skin will product even more oil to compensate, so I thought I'd snap up their Mattifying Facial Moisturiser to see how that goes. Not only does it smell like Froot Loops (win win), it sinks in easily and does actually leave a somewhat matte finish to my skin compared to what any other moisturiser would.

NAILS

With all my go-to nail polishes having done their time, I thought it was about time for a new one! I was tossing up between a nude and a deep berry shade but I thought nude was the smarter option. The Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine in "Caramel Cupcake" is a really nice colour. It's on the darker side of my skintone, where as any nudes I've tried before have been closer to white. It almost has a mauve undertone to it in certain light. I knew it was one that I could leave on for a week straight and it would go effortlessly with anything I wore.

Schwarzkopf extra care heidi's heat styles sprayEYES

I was due for a new eyeliner pen. I've really been going for the pen-style eyeliner lately. It's so easy to navigate and my eyelids are a pain to work with as they're folded, hooded, creased. I bought the Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner which has a really fine tip but is still somewhat flexible enough to get that perfect wing happening. It's quite black and waterproof as well.
I also wanted to try a wispy pair of lashes by Ardell. I found the Glamour Wispies which looked perfect and when I put them on I was even more in love. They're a really pretty style and the clear lash band makes them so easy to apply and blend nicely in with my own lashes.

HAIR

I only put heat onto my hair once a week at most, so when I do I want the style to last for as long as possible. I was looking at the Schwarzkopf Heidi's Heat Styles Spray and when I saw the words "Anti Frizz" on the bottle I was like yep.... that's for me :) I really can't get over how smooth and shiny it makes my hair along with the straightener I used. It smells really nice as well!

LIPS

Dark lipstick has been my go-to lately. I love it. I find it to be so intriguing and a little bit vampy. I've been rolling around in matte lipsticks lately so I wanted to buy something with a hit of shine and the Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate in #30 was perfection. It's a deep raspberry that glides on and stays on, but the thing I love most is that it doesn't stain my lips when I take it off.

x Vanessa
Follow

No comments