The Beauty Products That Made 2016 Special

best beauty makeup skincare products 2016 Australia

Looking back at the year that was 2016, I tried a lot of new beauty products. Some were great, others just okay, then there were the select few that really made an impact. My top beauty products of 2016 made my year special and I thought you might be interested in trying some of these out this year, if you haven't already!

I'm not overly too loyal to particular products, with the exception of skincare, where I aim to stick to the same product for a couple of months at a time to really give it a good go. Otherwise, I love trying new things. You never know what may work wonders for you, so it's fun to fill the year with anything which catches your eye. 

I have 9 amazing makeup and skincare products to share with you which transformed my 2016 beauty routine and worked the best for me. 

Sleek 'Solstice' Highlighting Palette

2016 was the year of the inner corner highlight for me. I adored the look of super bright, shimmery highlight powder on the inner corners of my eyes, no matter what the makeup look. This wouldn't have been possible without the Sleek Solstice Palette. I only reach for one particular shade in this palette, the peachy shade, and not because the others aren't good. It's just so reliable, it shows up light and white on the eyes and stays there all day.

Sleek makeup solstice highlighting palette Australia
Sleek makeup solstice palette swatches review

L'oréal 'False Lash Superstar' Mascara

I never expected it to, but this became my favourite mascara of 2016. I had never tried a L'oréal mascara before, I was more into Maybelline, however this one blew me away. The formula is flawless. It has one end to prime and lengthen, coating the lashes in white. The other end darkens and adds volume. The two combined makes my eyelashes look the best they've ever been and I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

Loreal false lash superstar mascara review

Charlotte Tilbury 'Legendary Muse' Palette

This eyeshadow palette by Charlotte Tilbury made me want more from her collection. The starry, rose-golden packaging was one thing, but the sparkly gold eyeshadow in this particular palette was another! This glittery golden shadow, applied with your ring-finger to the lid, catches the light so incredibly well. I got it as part of 'The Dreamy Look' collection, and if there were any word to describe the looks you can create with this palette, it would definitely be 'dreamy'.

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse eyeshadow palette review

Eye Of Horus Liquid Metal Liner 'Bronze'

Last year, I gave metallic liquid liner a go and I LOVED it. To the point where I wanted it on my eyes every single day. One in particular, the Eye Of Horus Liquid Metal Liner in the shade Bronze was my favourite. There's just something so pretty about it, compared to the usual black liner. I even had a random compliment from a stranger! You don't even need to go overboard with the eye look, the liner speaks for itself. I just add a white shadow to the lid, a light brown in the crease, the bronze liquid liner across the lash line (winged out), highlighter on the inner corners and a lots of mascara.

Eye Of Horus liquid metal liner bronze
Eye Of Horus liquid metal liner bronze review

La Roche-Posay 'Serozinc' Toner

I don't know about you, but when I spray a toner across my face (especially after using a face mask), it's the most wonderful hit of refreshment for my skin. This one by La Roche-Posay became a favourite in 2016, and it's still in my bathroom cupboard ready to be used on a weekly basis. I think the packaging of this one helps to keep it quite cool, which makes it feel even better to apply. It also works to combat oily skin, reducing shine in preparation for moisturiser.

La Roche-Posay Serozinc toner review

Sigma 'Indulgent' Lip Base

One product I can't stop raving about is the Sigma Lip Base in the shade 'Indulgent'. I don't know what I'd do without it really. If I'm ever having a blah day, putting this lip product on makes me feel a whole lot better. It's so reliable as well. You know those days where you're either going out for a meal or the thought of your lipstick ending up everywhere sends you into a bit of a spin? The Sigma Lip Bases stay put and fade evenly if you end up eating. It's creamier in texture than a lip liner, but no so creamy that it moves around. Great as a base to transform the colour of nude lipsticks as well.


Pixi 'Brightening Peach' Correction Concentrate

This product was a life-saver for me last year. I remember going on and on about my dark under eye circles. I couldn't find a single concealer that would cover them up and it was driving me crazy. Then this little pot arrived in a package from Pixi Beauty and to be honest, I didn't try it straight away. It ended up in my makeup drawers for several weeks until finally I gave it a go. This thick, creamy product eliminates the blue under my eyes immediately. It's a peach colour which counteracts with the blue and is definitely full coverage. It does need to be set as it can slide around if you don't, but otherwise... I swear by it.

Pixi beauty correction concentrate peach review

Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream

I've been trying out a couple of skincare products by Avene during the past few months and one that I've relied quite heavily on is the Tolerance Extreme Cream. I have this beside my bed and apply it every night under my eyes and over my neck. It's rich in texture, so I feel like it's providing these areas with the moisture they need, keeping my skin hydrated throughout the night. It's been formulated for sensitive skin and it's quite soothing as well. I wish it came in a bigger size!


Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette

My go-to cheek product of 2016 was the Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette. The shades in this were perfect for my skin tone and I loved how I only had to pull one product out of my makeup drawers to finish off my face. The bronzer isn't orange or muddy, it's the perfect mix between a warm and cool-toned brown. The blush is a peachy-coral shade that works well on most skin tones. The highlighter as well was just so effortless in a classic champagne shade. Whenever I wanted my highlighter to be visible yet not too OTT, this one was everything.

Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette swatches review blog

I would love to know, what was your favourite beauty product of 2016?
Let me know in the comments!

Follow

4 comments

  1. I also loved the Sleek - Solstice palette and I get the most wear out of the peach shade too! It's such a stunning palette. Could not fault it xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pixi corrector i use it all the time! your pictures look amazing, come check out my blog at www.poshandspicy.com i would love to hear your input xx toby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on the Sleek Highlighter, although I have the Cleo's Kiss Palette, I do think their highlighter are just the best. The Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Muse Eye Shadow Palette looks divine, I have to try and get my hands on it.
    Lea, xx
    www.asnippetoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to try a metallic eyeliner... will put it on my wish list for my next visit to Priceline. How nice is the Rimmel Kate sculpting palette, its great for travelling!

    ReplyDelete