My Handbag Beauty Essentials


Everyone has a selection of essential beauty items they take with them everywhere. I used to be one of those people who took their whole life in their bag. I'd run around the house before going out, grabbing everything I could think of that I may possibly need until I would be home again. I'd carry around this handbag that was so packed full that my shoulder would feel as if it's about to fall off.

Over the years though, I've reduced, refined and minimised to a smaller every day bag, which is not only so much lighter, but also means so much less "stuff" can fit in there! Win win!

CURRENT BAG


My current bag of choice is the Sushi Roll cross body bag by Du Zen! (love the name). This is the smallest bag I've ever used and I'm obsessed with it. The strap is the perfect length - I can wear it over my shoulder and the bag hangs at my hip, or I can sling it across my body if I want both hands free and the ability to move around while shopping. I love the quirkiness of the round shape, the quality of the leather and how it fits everything I need into it, including my iPhone 7 Plus, my little wallet, keys (with super large pom pom) and all my beauty essentials.


So following are my handbag beauty essentials, the things you're unlikely to find me without when I'm out and about!

Lip Balm

If I could only take one beauty product out with me, it would be lip balm.... every time. I can't leave home without it. The times I have forgotten to take one with me, I've literally freaked out and my lips have too. It's weird because I don't use it that much at home, maybe once in the morning and once at night. However when I'm out... it becomes a necessity. My current lip balm of choice is the ChapStick Total Hydration in Rose Petal.


Lipstick

The lipstick I throw in my bag is typically the one I put on before I go. If I plan to do my makeup while out and I want something easy to put on, I'll take a nude shade. One of my favourites is the Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate #45. It's super comfortable on the lips, really reliable and is a colour that goes with anything and for any occasion. Other than that, I just can't go past Angel by MAC, which is an easy-to-wear pretty pink.


Powder

I try not to leave home without a powder compact in my bag. Not only does the mirror come in handy, you just never know what's going to happen to your makeup throughout the day. A pressed powder which has a bit of coverage to it can fix up any foundation blunders, mascara transfer, cover spots, eliminate shine and can help with touch ups throughout the day.

I've been using Australis Fresh And Flawless for years. It has a little powder puff included in the packaging so I don't need a brush. The only thing I don't like about it is how the mirror is underneath the powder, it's a bit annoying flipping it up and down to be able to see what you're doing.


Fragrance

If I know I'm going to be out for a while, I always throw a small fragrance in my bag. This is where fragrance minis and samples are so helpful! Those little sample sprays you can get at beauty counters or in gift sets can easily be forgotten, however I like to keep a little bowl of them in my cupboard so I can grab what I need.

I have several from Victoria's Secret and they're definitely my favourite to use. The little bottles are cute and they all smell so good. I can't remember what the one I have pictured is called and I can't find it anymore either!


Hand Cream

This is more of a winter essential, as when I use hot water on my hands during the cold season it can really dry my hands out. I hate the look and feeling of dry, irritated skin on my hands, so a hand cream is a must to avoid dealing with that. My all-time favourite is the Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm. I'm yet to find a better one than this.


What's one beauty product you can't leave home without?

 

  Follow

10 comments

  1. Hi Vanessa! I found your blog through Ashley from 'Ashely Maree Beauty'. Oh my I absolutely LOVE your blog layout, the entire aesthetic is just so lovely. I really enjoyed reading your handbag beauty essentials, it always helps in deciding what I need to get of in my own bag. Though I do think I've done an alright job at keeping my bag clutter free. I also have the Australis Matt and Flawless powder, it's so good! The price is great too.

    I definitely had to follow your blog, looking forward to your future posts!

    -Sophie xx | Cherries and Perfume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a nice comment! Ash is the best, so happy you found me through her post :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always take powder every where! Gotta top up if you get shiny. Also lip balm is such a good idea to take, I usually just take my lipstick but my lips get really dry sometimes. Gunna have to add that one in!

    Beckie xo // The Pale Tails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is so cuteee!! I wish I could carry around a perfume with me all day too. I'm just so lazy and hate anything really heavy on me haha x

    Katina Lindaa | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes that's why I love perfume minis :) I couldn't take a chunky bottle with me! xx

      Delete
  4. I always have some perfume, hand cream and lip balm in my handbag too and I panic if I don't, sometimes I even buy a brand new lip balm or hand cream if it's a very long day and I forgot them! Lovely post and very cute bag as well!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that before as well with the lip balm! I just rely on it so much :)

      Delete
  5. Such perfect picks! I just transferred to quite a large handbag so I can't wait to fill it with beauty goodies!! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) oh sounds nice, have fun organising it!

      Delete