SK-II Global Campaign #ChangeDestiny


SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

A bottle of the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence was the first luxurious skincare product to make its way into my life. The brand describes it as a "miracle water" which contains 90% more Pitera, an ingredient that retains the youthfulness in your skin. It also works to balance the PH, sebum secretion, moisture and oxygen levels in the skin... a powerful product!

I've always used the essence after removing my makeup and cleansing. I put a few drops onto a cotton pad then apply it to my face. In doing so, it really deep cleanses into my skin, removing even more makeup that I didn't even realise was still there. It's always had that refreshing sensation to it as well. Where I've found other skincare products may feel that way only after the first use, every time I use the Facial Treatment Essence my skin feels so wonderful and fresh afterwards.

SK-II Facial Treatment EssenceLast year, SK-II launched the global campaign #changedestiny, to inspire and empower women to shape their own destiny. They've been sharing stories of women who overcame challenges and barriers that were preventing them from achieving their dreams and goals, with these success stories inspiring women all over the world.

Which brings me to "Marriage Market", a powerful film created as part of the campaign to uncover the real-life issue of Chinese women being pressured to get married before they are 25. You will see in the video above, a number of brave Chinese women have come forwards to share their thoughts and opinions on the "Sheng Nu" label, which translates to "leftover woman". The term has been used to denounce women who want to wait for marriage, those who want to marry for love. It has also created a social stigma making women feel pressured to leave their dreams behind at such a young age and move straight into the next stage of their lives, for fear of disapproval from their families and friends.

Since turning 18 I have always felt free and independent. Moving to Sydney on my own, having dabbled in all areas of the fashion industry, studied exactly what I wanted to with not even a thought that I had to be married by a certain age. I can't imagine what these women face in regards to the social pressure of such a personal journey, but I can only hope that this campaign makes a difference in their lives.

x Vanessa
  Follow


No comments