Monday Musings #1


Morning everyone!

I wanted to kick this week off with a new little weekly segment on my blog - Monday Musings. Not only can I fill you in on what's happening throughout the week, I think it'll get me more motivated to make things happen as well.

On the weekend I made the trip to Ikea to pick up a few things. I hadn't been to Sydney in a whole year (anxiety reasons), so it was good to get back to all the familiar roads and shopping areas that I realised I kind of miss. The whole point of the trip though was to deck out my office space. I finally decided to splurge on a new desk (no more mint green, it's a beautiful white!) and I got a dressing table and mirror as well (the pieces you saw in my Makeup Collection Storage post). The difference all this white furniture makes to this room is astounding... it's a whole new space!

That means I have a new background for my videos. You may have noticed over the past few weeks that I was constantly changing it up, lighting all over the place. At one point I think I was yellow for an entire video. It's been such a struggle getting it right, lighting for videos is the biggest pain in the ass! It's screwed me over with so many videos that have just gone to waste. Multiple times I have spent an entire day on a video to look at the footage at the end of the day, wanting to cry because it's just not right. I hate wasting time more than anything, it freaks me out.

So I'm going to have a play around with the lighting and camera today, see if I can figure it out so that I can film the same video for the 3rd time tomorrow! It's a review of the new Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette, a piece I really want to share with you. I thought I'd also do a favourites video for May.

There's something great happening at Revolve tomorrow, which you'll hear about here on the blog tomorrow morning. Otherwise I have some new jewellery to show you and some makeup to review. I'm thinking I may change up the makeup section of my blog this week, so that when you click on it in the menu it comes up with an image list of all the categories I have (first impressions, lip swatches, reviews, etc) so things are easier to find.

This Friday night is a party for the Rising Social Star competition, where the winners of each category will be announced, so that's exciting. If you don't already know, I am one of the finalists in the Beauty category and I put every ounce of my time and effort into the competition over the last month. Whether I win or not, I feel pretty proud of myself for the content I created in that time.

And lastly, I need to get back on to Blog Pixie. I have the biggest list of posts to create for that site, along with the plan to make blog templates and little add ons that you may want to include on your own blog.

90s RnB playlist is on, and I hope you have a great start to your week!

x Vanessa
Follow

No comments