What's In My Travel Makeup Bag


Today I thought it might be interesting to round up the products that I would take travelling if I were to leave tomorrow. A mix of current favourites plus items practical for packing as light as possible.

BASE
No matter what primers I try, I seem to keep going back to the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance. It's a very tacky substance once smoothed out which makes your foundation stick to it, and it also gives my skin this intense glow like nothing else. The Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach has been a little dark circle saviour for me, colour correcting any blue or purple underneath my eyes (which I have a lot of). The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation is not only one of the lightest foundations I've tried (shade 110), applied with a sponge it sits flawlessly on my skin and keeps an oily t-zone matte for as long as possible. For concealer a favourite is the LA Girl Pro Conceal (which only costs around $2-$3 on Lady Moss). It's a really affordable, high-coverage concealer. And for powder the only one I currently own is the Maybelline Better Skin Powder, which sits nicely on the skin to set the foundation down.


EYES
For the brows I have my two go-to products, the compact Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette and the Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Gel. A palette I would happily use day after day, for daytime or evening is the Sigma Warm Neutrals Palette. I love the mix of interesting shimmery shades in it along with a couple of universal crease colours. It's quite sturdy packaging as well so it's not likely to break or rattle around too much. My two favourite liners that I can't fault are the Sleek Eau La La Liner in Noir and the Loreal Super Liner which is a dark liquid liner that doesn't move around throughout the day. To finish the eyes off I would take the mascara I've been reaching for daily which is the Loreal False Lash Superstar Mascara.


CHEEKS + LIPS
The cheeks are completely sorted in the one product with the Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette. If you have fair skin these shades will show up on you perfectly. I'd say for tanned or darker skin though it's probably not the best option. I just adore the coral blush inside and for a natural, everyday bronze/contour the bronzing shade works wonders.
I'd take four lip products with me to suit different occasions. Firstly, the Maybelline Baby Lips in Rose Addict has been my favourite lip balm and something I apply every single morning. Next is my favourite lip liner, the Sigma Lip Base in Indulgent. A product that blends in with the colour of my lips, adds that tiny extra bit of colour and lengthens the wear of any lipstick on top. My go-to nude lipstick has been the Maybelline Creamy Matte in Daringly Nude, and an all-time favourite I couldn't go without is MAC's Velvet Teddy.


Do you have any products you can't leave behind when you go travelling?

x Vanessa
Follow

1 comment

  1. I always pack my Maxfactor Face Finity All Day Primer! It has a teeny bit of SPF which I LOVE when I'm travelling x

    Katina Lindaa | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete