A Must-Have Book | Home by Emma Blomfield

Home Decorating Emma Blomfield Book

Okay where do I even start with this book... I am in love. The cover, the pages, the concept... everything. Emma Blomfield, an interior stylist, homewares buyer and co-founder of The Decorating School has written a new book called "Home" and following the launch, I was lucky enough to receive a copy. Having devoured it over the past few days, I have to say, it's so good!

A guide to the elements of decorating, the book has been designed to help you decorate your home from the inside, out. Emma takes you through each area of your home, from the entryway to the outdoors, with advice, knowledge and creative wisdom to assist you on your decorating journey. There are gorgeous illustrations throughout and everything is organised in a way that is so easy to understand. 


What I love about this book is that it's so visual. You don't have to read through pages and pages of text to follow along, as all the writing is accompanied by creative imagery. I am such an image-focused person, so I definitely appreciate this! The layout is beautiful. You can start from the beginning or go straight to the chapter of the room you wish to start decorating. It's impossible not to keep turning the page to see what's next.

It's full of colour, easy to read and exciting to get into. Emma covers so many different parts of decorating, from pillow placement to hanging art, the positioning of furniture in a room and how you can make the most of every space. There are lists with ideas on what to add to a room, which are really helpful when starting from scratch. Also great reminders for things you may have forgotten.

Home Decorating Emma Blomfield Book Review

I am addicted to styling different areas of our apartment, and I can only imagine what it will be like one day to have an actual house to tackle. This book will be so helpful, for both where I am now and where I'll be in the future. There are so many ideas in here that I've already starting planning what I'm going to do to our place next. Daniel often gets home to the apartment changed in some kind of way, but I have a feeling it's going to happen much more often now :)

One of the best parts of the book is the cover. I'm always drawn to a book by what's on the cover and this one had me at hello. It's a hard cover, watercolour type print in shades of violet, blue and orange. The title on the cover of the book is in a rose golden foil, as well as down the spine. It fits in perfectly with all the other books I own.

Emma has a shop where she sells both the book as well as an array of different items for your home. Pretty stationery (as seen below), candles and gem stones. Definitely worth a look!

Home Decorating Emma Blomfield Stationery Cardshome decor books Australia

I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves decorating. It will give you the inspiration and assistance needed, so you can try your luck at being your own interior stylist. Love adding books to your coffee table? The colours on the cover are sure to bring happiness to your living space. I adore it.


2 comments

  1. This book sounds perfect for me! I'm currently in my first year of interior design, and even though it really doesn't have much to do with decorating I think it would be great to read this alongside!

    -Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely :) I think having skills in both areas could be so helpful one day!

      Delete