Monday Musings #3


Well I had a very relaxing weekend. Generally I'd keep on working - film, photograph or blog - but the rain was so full on (if you live around the Sydney area you'd know) and it was so dark that I felt like I couldn't do much at all. I definitely rely on the sun a lot!

So I did the usual groceries on Saturday morning, bought a few things from Bonds as they currently have 40% off ( til midnight tonight!), got a Gloria Jeans creme brûlée latte (my all time favourite), a lemon and blueberry glazed scone from Bakers Delight (so good) and my usual Saturday sushi rolls and headed home to spend basically the entire weekend watching Dance Moms, Real Housewives Of Melbourne and YouTube. 

So lazy, but so relaxing :)

On Sunday I heard that a blog friend had ended up with a bad reaction on her face, and immediately I thought back to a couple of years ago when it happened to me. I had tried the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit scrub for the first time and within hours, my face had blown up like a balloon. Burning, sore, dry... I could barely open my eyes because they were so puffed and I literally looked like a monster. I lived by myself at the time so I didn't really know what to do other than try and fix it myself. 
After going online and finding reviews on the same product to see how I could fix it, I was shocked that every single review was describing my symptoms, and all Neutrogena kept responding with was "this is not what we'd expect from our products", "this is not typical of our products".... I revisited the site today to see that it is STILL GOING ON. What the hell.

It makes me so mad... how could they have a product on the shelves that day after day is having this same reaction on people. I felt for one lady who had no choice but to go to work with the blown up face, and she was embarrassed and it caused her so much grief. At the time it happened to me I was meant to be volunteering at fashion week and I had to "call in sick" which I was so annoyed about, but at least I had the option to stay home. 

So guess which brand this blog friend reacted to? Neutrogena. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Too much of a risk. 

On a happier note, I'm currently editing a video to upload tomorrow, plus the long weekend is coming up and I can't wait! 

x Vanessa
Follow

1 comment

  1. Thank you, some of my skin care products are Neutrogena. I will defiantly invest in better skin care products...no wonder my face always feels worse after using their products

    ReplyDelete